13.1.10

Finding Motivation

It has been cold up here in the Northeast the beginning of the year -- well, it has been cold overall in most of the northern hemisphere, even in Florida it has been in the 20s.

I am struggling to find motivation to do my runs. The cold weather definitely does not help. I am not venturing much outside and I have been running mostly indoors. This, on the other hand, brings another problem -- treadmill is boring. So, between the cold weather and the treadmill, I have been making up excuses not to run or to cut short my mileage.

I have a half-marathon next weekend and not so sure how I will do, since I have not been running as much as I should. Boston training is supposed to start this week, so I hope to get out of this funk soon.

2 comments:

Robert James Reese said...

Once you get going, it never seems that cold. It's just the getting going part that's tough. Like this morning -- It actually felt pretty good out there weather-wise.

baker said...

robert that reminds me of a song,
"When the Going gets Tough..." I agree, its refreshing, im headed out for a quick 6 right now.