24.2.09

"Go out hard; when it hurts, speed up."

That is such a great line!

I found it while reading an article on Matt Carpenter, a high-altitude distance running who keeps getting only better, though he is already 44 years old. His resting pulse is 38 and his VO2 Max is at 90.2 is the second highest score ever recorded. To say the least, this guy is amazing!

Finally I found out my final placing at the 10 Miler this weekend. I placed 23rd overall and was 3rd in my age division. Yay!

The race has had a very positive effect to my training. I feel stronger and confident that training is going well. I am almost at the same level of fitness that I was when I got injured (judging by the racing time).

But I also know that there is a lot of things I need to fine tune and have less than 2 months away. Lately I have been thinking about diet and fueling, and also I know that I have to do more hill training. Another thing on my mind is the fact that the 12-week program I am following only allows for two 20-mile runs which I am not sure it is sufficient. I am thinking I might throw another 20-miler, just in case.

1 comment:

Robert James Reese said...

You got 3rd in your age group? Congrats! We should have stuck around so you could have gotten your award. Will they mail it to you?